Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Good Health Cafe Review

Good Health Cafe @ 1435 1st Ave btw 74th and 75th streets.
Absentee service while not terribly busy detracted from an already mediocre meal makes this place not worth a visit.

I got a Crispy Soy Chicken n Bacon Burger. While the chicken patty wasn't morningstar farms, it might as well have been. I could have bought my own patties, bun and bacon and made this concoction at home. The vegetables on the burger were fresh but the vegan mayo and honey mustard were of such little quantity as to be absent altogether. What I could taste of the honey mustard was that it was quite good, but there simply wasn't enough on the burger. For a $9 sandwich, the pathetic number of chips served aside the sandwich was quite insulting. My dining companions's Grilled Chicken sandwich was equally disappointing and for lack of a better description: boring. None of the food knocked us out of the park. If you are in the neighborhood and nothing else catches your eye or has a table, it is possible to eat here and I don't think I can find any less of an exciting term to describe the Good Health Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment