Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Moving In

I'm new to New York City. One spring morning, I checked my baggage and got on a plane as a resident of Toledo. A few short hours later I became a resident of New York City.

I didn't intend on going to grad school in the Big Apple. Truth be told, I threw my hat into this school's applicant pool on a whim not thinking I would actually be considered. When I was accepted I was shocked. A few hours later it dawned on me that it would mean moving to New York City. Unlike my husband,I was never one of those people who was dying to live in NYC. It was a place one visited on holiday and I never had the desire to move here. Not so for them. NYC is the place of their dreams.  They are invigorated by the very movement of the city.  I am channeling (or trying to) their enthusiasm while living here.

Schooling doesn't intimidate me as much as living here does. While I am in graduate school, this blog is focused on living in New York City.  The twists and turns I encounter as I try to navigate the city.  It is going to be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment